rss feed icon    snellville business spotlight    Snellville restaurants    snellville gas prices    snellville ga weather    Snellville Blog Facebook Icon    Snellville Blog Twitter icon

Save on all the things you love to do!

Saturday, July 26, 2008

Curbside Bargains

I picked up (literally) some 100% off deals today. Paid zero bucks!
I call it "dumpster diving" but there wasn't really a dumpster involved.
Just people who were moving and left a lot of great stuff out by their curb.

It's a great reminder that there is good stuff for free, if you keep your eyes open!

I found a 4'x6' Sisal rug with a black border in great condition similar to this (but I'm washing it) ...looked online, and they retail for anywhere from $15 to $70 for the type I picked up. It even has a non slip backing.

I also found a black wood picture frame with glass and mat. The mat holds four 4"x6" photos. The mat isn't great quality, so depending on cost of getting a mat cut out of better materials, I might do that. A couple little chips in the black paint. It took 2 seconds to fix that with a black Sharpie marker. The sad part was removing the wedding photos from the frame. The couple must be splitting -- I can't imagine throwing wedding photos away. The photo works great for me, because it has the 4 photo openings, and we have 4 kids! So I'm going to put a photo of each child in each opening.

I also found an oak kitchen chair, almost the same style as what we use, and we do need a new kitchen chair. It will require some repair with sawdust and wood glue, but I am fairly confident I can fix it up. I know these sell for about $60 each usually.

There were actually a lot of great things out by the curb, but I was limited in time because my kids were in the car and the amount of space I had in the car, having just left the grocery store. I'd love to go back, but since that time it has rained so I'm sure most things are ruined.